HS.lib is a portable C++ library featuring:
- Reference-counted copy-on-write string class
- Flexible regular-expression search classes
- Platform-independent file/directory classes
- Simple array classes
- Simple-to-use hash table classes and templates
- Flexible, simple-to-use log-message class
The library is highly portable and employs a standard Autoconf / Automake build system which means that it likely will work on many systems under various configurations. Platforms on which it has been tested and used regularly include:
HS.lib version 33 was released on 2007-08-08.
Platform-agnostic portable C++ source code.
tar -xjf libHS-v33.tar.bz2 cd libHS-v33 ./configure make make check # optional sudo make install
configure script recognizes several options specific to this project:
- On Mac OS X, build the project as a universal binary for Intel and PowerPC platforms. This option is enabled by default if the universal binary SDK is installed, else it is disabled.
- When building on Windows with Cygwin, enabling this option causes the
project to have a dependency upon the Cygwin runtime (
cygwin1.dll). Disabling this option removes the Cygwin dependency and instead builds the project against only the Win32 API. This option is disabled by default.
- Build and install the demonstration programs (
HSWhatsNew) included with the project. This option is enabled by default.